2011: 13 posts
2012: 1 (not counting this one)
I knew I wasn’t blogging very much, but this is ridiculous. If you had been following my life in blog form for the past 10 years, you would assume that I dropped off the face of the Earth…or that nothing of even the trivialist nature had happened to me this year.
Nothing could be further from the truth!
- My daughter graduated
summamagna cum laude from Florida State this year and is now a permanent non-resident of the Norton household, rather than just a temporary one.
- We had a fantastic vacation trip to Maine in late August/early September with a Revolver reunion and lots of hiking.
- It was the year of The Avengers!
- We hooked up with The Mighty Geek (and watched The Avengers!).
- There’s some sorta election thing going on.
- The Red Sox SUUUUUUUUUUCKED…
- The blog turned 10 in March!
- I freakin’ turned 50 in June!!!!
But did you see any of that in this space? No. And why not? ‘cuz I’m a lazy ass who posts everything on Facebook instead of putting it in his blog where it belongs.
I’m not totally knocking FB (and it’s definitely not its fault I’m lazy…it’s just an enabler). The FB is good for communicating with family and friends. It’s just not a substitute for sitting down and writing several paragraphs about life, the universe and everything.
So, from now on, I’m going to make a distinct effort to write some little piece of crap in this blog…just like in the old days. When blogs were blogs and Facebook was MySpace. Now, get offa my lawn, ya durned kids!