OK, one more last thing…
I almost forgot to do the monthly thank you to the The Top 20 Sites From Which Nice People Came To Look At The Monkey In The Window™. And since Les was all hyped up about being Number One, I felt I at least needed to let him know how badly he failed… (*giggle*).
In honor of NaNoWriMo and in anticipation of both the arrival of the Two Towers DVD set and Return of the King, I’ve decided to follow the lead of this wonderful site: What if the Lord of the Rings had been written by someone else? (Thanks for the link, Grump.)
So, here I present: What if the Lord of the Rings had been written by Solonor’s top 20 referring sites? Most of them suck, but hey, do your own damned list next time! ;p
- Reflective Reality – Boromir interrupted: “IMHO the only reason Microsoft… excuse me, ‘Mordor’… wants the Ring back is that it represents the one time they made a product that worked. I say we reverse engineer it, giving one to each member of the Internet community… er, Middle Earth…”
- A Small Victory – Addressing the Council, Gimli said: “While the Liberals are content with their ‘No War of the Ring’ marches and ‘all Sauron wants is to be loved’ attitude, we in the Fellowship are ready to kick some Mordor ass!”
- Brian Kane Online – “I have of late visited the fair cities of Gondor,” said Gandalf. “And in the tasting of their wine and of the eating of their victuals, I shall give a full account.”
- The Gamer’s Nook – How long did
BushGandalf know about this threat from Mordor before he said anything? How many times have the wizards lied to us?
- Stupid Evil Bastard – “Pray to your gods,” the dark leader of the Southrons said. “Ha! Fooled you,” said Aragorn. “I don’t believe in God!”
- Random Ravings – As the Balrog plunged into the bottomless pit, Gandalf wearily turned to rejoin his comrades. Suddenly, the Game Master rolled a 20! A critical hit!
- Pickle Juice – “Dear Frodo,” Bilbo wrote. “Wish I could go, too. You betcha. Jealous-as-hell-ingly, Bilbo.”
- Ain’t Too Proud to Blog – “Sure, we’re down,” Gandalf said. “But we just have to come out in the second half and show some of that
OUMiddle Earth spirit!”
- .em – .tibboh a devil ereht dnuorg eht ni eloh a nI
- The Mighty Geek – Bilbo sat at his kitchen table, pondering his toast. Bread laughed heartily.
- Busy Mom – I don’t have time to write anything. So, here’s an animated gif, instead.
- Friday Fishwrap – Frodo didn’t have time to destroy any damned ring. He was busy checking out Legolas’ ass and playing all his downloaded MP3’s…
- The Altered Blog – The Yankees… um, Mordor LOSES! Mordor LOSES!
- Linkmeister – It is a little-known fact that Sauron’s first attempt at conquest was in a surfing contest off the Big Island. He lost to Greg Brady.
- swirlspice – Ed. note: I started to write something, but then I saw this: “The first person to bring up Lord of the Rings gets their ass kicked.” Better leave it be…
- Flablog – When those morons in
TallahaseeRivendell get done milking the Fellowship budget for all it’s worth, there won’t be any money left to go after Sauron!
- Dandelion Wine – “All we have to do is destroy the ring,” Frodo said. Well, um, like duh!
- Time For Your Meds
- Duly Noded – I remember the first time Sauron tried to take over Middle Earth…
- Hey!… – So, here I am after toppling Saruman, defeating Sauron, running the bad guys out of the Shire and changing my blog layout, and I still don’t have any good tunes to listen to. Crap.
– “Fuck Sauron! Fuck him and Saruman and all the fucking loser assholes of Mordor,” Legolas said.