Crud! I fully intended to do this on… oh… I dunno… MONDAY for a change… PromoGuy’s Monday Mission 3.07.
1. For me, breakfast usually consists of a bagel and cream cheese. And I wait until about 10AM to eat it, mostly to avoid eating a mid-morning snack. What do you like to eat for breakfast? Do you even eat breakfast?
I love a big, hearty breakfast. And when I’m on vacation somewhere or on a business trip, I usually get one. But, as a rule, I don’t eat breakfast every day. In fact, most of the time if I eat breakfast food, it’s at night at night at Cracker Barrel or Perkins!
2. Back in 1990, I worked at a radio station in the Promotions Department. Our office was directly below the DJ booth. One day there was this thundering bass booming from upstairs. It was just a huge booming sound, with an amazing beat. My manager and I bolted out of the office and up the stairs to the production room. When we opened the door I was smacked in the body by a wall of sound. What I heard reminded me of “Super Freak” but the bass was thumping like I’d never heard before. Then the vocals began, it was a “rap” I would never forget: “My, my, my music hits me so hard, makes me say ‘Oh, My Lord, thank you for blessin’ me, with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet.'” The song was MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This” and it blew my mind. What was the song that “blew your mind” and is etched in your brain forever? Recall the moment and why it remains in your mind.
“A Hard Day’s Night” by the Beatles.
I really never heard pop radio when I was little. My mom had a collection of 45’s (Elvis, Platters, Teddy Bears… typical girlie stuff from the 50’s), but nothing too rockin’. But my dad hated any rock ‘n’ roll after 1958 (he was a part-time country singer from Georgia), and he especially hated the Beatles.
Once we visited friends of my parents. Their oldest daughter was a huge Beatle freak… posters, dolls, everything. She hauled out the Hard Day’s Night LP and played it for me. I can’t remember how old I was, but that opening chord just knifed right through me. I’ve been a Beatle fan ever since.
3. Do you like to gamble? Have you ever won (or lost) big?
I can take it or leave it. It’s kinda fun to play. I’ve never won (or lost) much.
4. Some people find comfort for their troubled mind in food. Others find it in music or books. What do you turn to for comfort when you are troubled or worried?
Music and (sorry to say) food. Comfort food.
5. When was the last time you felt apathetic? What was it about?
I’m starting to get very apathetic about the whole Iraq business. I was passionate about arguing the pros and cons of the war in the beginning, but I’m just worn out by it all.
6. I just read that Google bought Pyra Labs (Blogger.com). Although Blogging was going “mainstream” before this, it most certainly will now have greater exposure, and one assumes, bring us even more Bloggers. Is this a good thing?
It’s a thing. It will be good to have some money sunk into making easier blog tools (mostly of benefit to Blogger clients), but that just means more idiots like me clogging up the Internet.
7. What did you do with all your freetime before you blogged?
Watched TV and played computer games. It really hasn’t changed the amount of time I spend in front of the computer. I’m just doing different crap.
BONUS: Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble. But if I stay, it will be double.