Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Mondays

This terribly insightful article is for all you “latte-sipping, iMac-using, suburban-living, tertiary-industry-working WASPs”: Why your Movable Type blog must die.

Go for the article. Stay for the precocious banter.

My favorites:

“I’m sick of seeing some pretentious moron post their boring opinions of some subject nobody cares about, and do it badly at that. There’s never anything I haven’t seen before, and they always seem to think they know what’s best for everyone. An that’s just this article. Blogs are pretty bad too.”

“…most MT users are, themselves, goths.”

“…the sheer stupidity level of someone writing a giant rant about people that write things and post them on the Internet and then posting it on the Internet has got to have created some sort of space-time hole that will eventually devour us all whole.”

“Democratization of the internet must be opposed at all costs. The infestation ecommerce was bad enough, but to allow regular people to post their diaries online — well, that’s simply intolerable.”

I realize that I’m adding to the rift in the space-time continuum by even mentioning this thing. But you know, lil’ ole me don’t have nothin’ else to write about until the next Harry Potter movie comes out.

Oh, and to gauge its relative importance, go ask all your friends and family who the hell’s ever heard of I’m sure the response will be overwhelming, and you’ll be forced to shut down your blog immediately. Mine will be going off the air as soon as I get home from Starbucks.

[ via one of those latte-swilling morons ]

This entry was posted in Rants 'n' Whines. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Mondays

  1. The Internet is Sturgeon’s Law twice over: 90% of everything out there is crap, and of that remaining 10%, 90% of that is pretty close to hogswill.

    But then again, I think he’s not commenting on peoples’ need to hone their writing skills or on the vulnerabilities of a particular script. He’s just pissed that other kids are playing in what was once the sandbox exclusive to him and his ilk.

    Someone give him a cookie and some milk. Maybe have him lay on a little rug and take a nap.

  2. mtpolitics says:

    Thanks for reminding me why I quit participating in K5 ages ago.

  3. skits says:

    I don’t know who this person is. I have never heard of this k5 place. I feel like I’m not really missing out on all that much.

    I’m sipping a Diet Coke right now, but as soon as it’s gone, I’ll go grab a cup of coffee. 😉

  4. go fish says:

    Blogroll! BLOGROLL! Are you quivering yet?

    I’d link to the, um, interesting navel gazing entry about Moveable Type blogs [and, I think, all multi-topical blogs] over…

  5. my blog has a death wish

    According to the article referenced in this entry by Solonor, my blog needs to die! “You’re all latte-sipping, iMac-using, suburban-living tertiary-industry-working WASPs who offer absolutely no new insights on anything whatsoever apart from maybe one …

  6. Wizbang says:

    Why Your Community Site Must Die

    In the past, being part of a BBS system was an interesting pastime. Now, with the advent of ridiculously popular packages like phpNuke and Mojo, the Web is in risk of drowning under a tidal wave of moronic ‘community sites’…

  7. Anyone want a latte?

    I wasn’t going to link to this article (which I’m not going to name aloud because I wouldn’t want Google to find it) out of principle, but the more I read of the comments, the harder I laughed and the…

  8. spacebran says:

    while i don’t agree with the general peck on all in a blanket fashion spirit of the, er, weblog post in question, as generalities and stereotypes are bad, i do agree with a certain underlying message: the world does not need another weblog.

  9. Such angst

    Bulletproof Vest points to a blog entry titled Why your Movable Type blog must die over at Kuro5hin that attacks MT and MT users on a very personal level. The accusations : 1. You are all pretentious twats 2. You make up irritating jargon for the sake …

Comments are closed.