Back from a week at the luxurious Wauseon, Ohio, Holiday Inn Express and ready for Monday Mission 2.38
1. When I was young, my Mom would always drink a cold Dr. Pepper in the morning. Me, I can go either way. I like a Cold Frappucchino in the Summer months and switch to warm Mocha Espresso in the Fall. Do you like to drink warm beverages in the morning or do you prefer yours cold?
Eww, soda or even water first thing in the morning make my tummy ugly. The only cold things I can drink in the morning are milk and juice. I prefer COFFEE….LOTSA COFFEE.
2. Have you ever been so upset with someone that you wanted to get revenge? What did you do? Or if you didn’t, what would you like to have done?
Yes, but I cannot for the life of me remember any particular revenge. I know I have plotted some, and I may even have carried some out, but it just doesn’t ring any church bells in my head (the wifey will get that one).
3. Sometimes I can look back at my past and see so many things that I was too naive to take advantage of. A time where I could have moved ahead in my career if only I’d chosen to move, the High School girlfriend who said she would do anything if I just asked, and so on. Looking back, are there any opportunities you missed out on that you can see now but didn’t realize then?
I am not one to let opportunity pass by, if I have a chance to do something. That’s why I am in Florida now! On the other hand, I always wonder what would have happened if I’d given that band their second audition, like they wanted…
4. Today I tried on my black slacks, and they are just a skosh too tight (yeah it’s a real word, look it up). Of course, I wore them anyway. Are there any clothes you refuse to throw away even though they don’t (and never will) fit? Why do you keep them?
I keep all my clothes. I just don’t throw them away…no big sentimental whoop, I just don’t get around to it. There is that really comfy sweater with the holes in it though…
5. Although my speech classes eliminated most if it, I still have a little Okie accent left. I say “Git” instead of “Get” and “Collar” instead of “Color.” Do you have an accent? Are there any phrases or words you say that tip folks that “you aren’t from around these parts?”
Usually, I don’t have a discernible accent. When I get tired or angry, my Maine accent comes out…either that, or I start talking like my Dad–with a north Georgia accent (very odd mix).
6. Speaking of phrases, it really drives me nuts when folks say “very unique” (Unique has no degrees, it is either unique or it isn’t) or “irregardless” (not a real word). Are there any words folks misspell or incorrect uses of words that simply drive you insane?
When people (especially our esteemed commander-in-chief) pronounce “nuclear” as NUKE-EW-LAR it drives me batty! I can’t even say it that way, if I try!!
7. I am guilty of using pet names a bit too often, like “honey,” “babe,” and “sweetie.” However, currently, no one uses any pet names on me (and I think I’d like one). Are there any pet names that you like to be called? Any you don’t? Do you (or did you) have any pet names for your partner?
We used to use ridiculously sappy sounding pet names just for a laugh. Haven’t heard “sugar muffin” in a while, though.
BONUS: Why you so fly?
Funky Cold Medina.